1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't fix resolution on HP monitor connected to laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ralf80, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralf80

Ralf80 Thread Starter

Hi, I connect an HP v220 monitor to a Dell Latitude D620 laptop running Windows XP Professional SP2.

When I first connected the two devices together they set up automatically and I had correct resolution on the new monitor. Now approximately 6 months later the monitor has reverted to a maximum 1024x768 resolution and I am unable to adjust to the preferred 1680x1050.

I have updated the laptop video driver and have installed the HP monitor driver and still no luck.

Anyone have any other ideas? Many thanks.

2. Ralf80

Ralf80 Thread Starter

After uninstalling the monitor and all drivers associated with it I also upgraded the Bios driver. I now have access to higher resolution options. However I can't use the preferred ratio of 1680 x 1050. The closest I can get is 1280 X 768 which looks better than 1600 x 1200.

Anyone know how I can get the 1680 x 1050 option to come up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/786942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice