1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant Fix this Problem, Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joe98, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe98

joe98 Thread Starter

Running windows 2000 pro, and I cannot log on to the computer. When it shows the username and password screen, I just click "ok" or hit the enter key as there is no admin password, but as soon as it shows my desktop it automatically logs me out!!! and goes back to the login screen, this also happens in safe mode and I dont know what to do! I really need to fix this, Can someone Please help????

2. joe98

joe98 Thread Starter

The system is a multiboot system where I can run windows 2000 or windows XP, I can scan all drives when running windows XP which is fine, but when it finds viruses on the windows 2000 drive space, How can i get rid of these viruses if I have to go into my registry to edit? If I run regedit, it is only for XP and not windows 2000 cause I am running the XP OS. I really need to fix this problem with 2000, is there any way to get into the windows 2000 registry form windows XP if running a multiboot system??

Im running PC Cillin on XP and the Virus' or Trojans that it is finding on Windows 2000, It suggests i go into the registry, but since i cant log into 2000, I cant get to it.

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

click cancel instead of ok. :cool:

4. joe98

joe98 Thread Starter

cancel is greyed out, and there has to be more help than this! but you are the only one to reply so thanx

5. pfurball

pfurball

Howdy joe98, You aren't going to like my reply. I had a similar problem with WinXP Home and ended up having to reformat and reinstall XP. Not sure what happened, I run NOD32 antivirus and Zone Alarm Pro but computer repair pplz seem to think I was hacked or some new sort of virus. Nothing showed up at all on system checks but I ended up logged out of my own computer and antivirus didn't run in safe mode so wouldn't go online.Fortunately, I had most of my stuff backed up, so just did a full reformat and fresh install. Took a while but everything is fine now! Sorry for lousy reply.

6. joe98

joe98 Thread Starter

your right, i dont like your reply :D There has to be a way to fix this problem. Im booted into the XP OS right now which Ive been using since this happened to W2K. I can look into the hard drive where W2K is installed and even use files from the drive, Ive done scans on it, run adaware and all the spyware software on it, it has cleaned what it found and hasnt been infected since but I still cannot boot into it. Im wondering if there is a product out there where i can do a registry scan into one OS from another, like regdatXP can load other OS registries.

7. natcom

natcom

do you have the windows CD ?

8. natcom

natcom

if you have another system around why not take that drive with the win 2000 and xp and put it as slave on another system and run all the virus scan that you like

if you have the cd for 2000 do a system repair im sure you can get to windows after that

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice