Can't format from Vista to XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LegallyBrunette

I have a toshiba Satellite A200 PSAE6C-TH70DC when I try to reformat from vista to xp says no HD, I do understand that it is a SATA HD but cannot find on the toshiba site for the drivers for that HD and yes I do have a Floppy drive, helpppppp:confused:

crjdriver

You are in luck; at least toshiba has xp drivers. Many laptop makers do not provide xp drivers for their vista laptops.

After you make the floppy, boot with your xp CD [cd set as first boot device] Right after the "Press any key to boot from CD" msg, you will see setup begin to load. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a prompt "Press F6 to load scsi/mass storage driver] You only have a a few seconds to press the F6 key so be ready. Setup continues for a few min then it will ask for the floppy disk. Just follow the prompts and it should load the driver for you and show your hd.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online