Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't forward mail in Netscape 7.1

3K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  hewee 
#1 ·
My Operating system is win 98 but don't care which win I use (at work or at a friend) I can't forward mail in Netscape.

I've been to their help site but I'm still getting the same problem. I keep getting the following message:-

"The following problem occured while procesing your request.

We're sorry we are unable to send this message at this time. Please try to send your message later." (Reference #112).

Can someone please help me!!!

#2 ·
Libra_girl,

Welcome to TSG :)

Never heard of that before.
Are you saying you have the same trouble on more then one PC?

Go to preferences. Click the + on Mail and Newsgroups. Then high light Send Mail. Is " Send the message in both plain text and HTML" checked?

Forwarding a Message

When you forward a message, you can specify how to place new text relative to the original text: inline (in the body of the message; this is the default), or as an attachment.

To forward a message:

1. Select the message and click Forward.
2. Type the name or email address of the recipient.
3. Click Send.

To set the default for forwarding messages:

1. Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
2. Under the Mail & Newsgroups category, click Composition. (If no subcategories are visible, double-click Mail & Newsgroups to expand the list.)
3. For forwarding messages, choose Inline (in the message body) or As Attachment.
4. Click OK.

Tip: To override the default for forwarding a message, select the message, open the Message menu, and choose Forward As, then choose Inline or Attachment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mail & Newsgroups Preferences - Composition

Composition preferences affect how you create messages (for example, forwarding options and address autocompletion) in all accounts. If you are not already viewing the Composition settings, follow these steps:

1. Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
2. Under the Mail & Newsgroups category, click Composition. (If no subcategories are visible, double-click Mail & Newsgroups to expand the list.)

* Forwarding and Replying to Messages: Use the Forward Messages drop-down list to choose how you want forwarded message text to appear: as an attachment or inline (in the body of your message).
* Automatically quote the original message when replying: Select this to include the original message text in your reply. Then use the drop-down list to select where you want to place your reply in the message area.
* Composing Messages: Select to have Mail & Newsgroups always check the spelling of your messages when you click Send. Choose to have Mail & Newsgroups use "quoted printable" MIME encoding when sending regular messages that use an 8-bit character set (for example, Latin ISO88359).
* Wrap plain text messages at __ characters: Enter a number to set the right margin for text in the message area.
* Character Coding: Select the language you want Mail & Newsgroups to use as the default for outgoing mail and newsgroup messages.

#3 ·
Thanks Hewee, for your help but I'm still getting the same message. I followed your steps (well some of the things where in place already, the only thing was that I had to choose the "Send the message in both plain text and HTML"

Could the problem be at their end? Does Netscape have a fax number so that I can fax them? Cause I can afford too call they Technical Support and have my call end up in Indian or some other place where they call centres might be.
:rolleyes:

#4 ·
You did not say if you had the same trouble on more then one PC.

Your get better help here on the web.

Here is "Ramona" web site and I could not find anything there about your trouble. But maybe she can help you got at the other forums she is always at.

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/index6.html

http://www.windowsbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5

http://sillydog.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Please post back on what's going on and how you fixed it because your the first I ever heard have trouble like this.

#9 ·
OK thank you.
I don't use the webmail so don't know what there settings are. So you can look at there web site to see what options they have. If they do not have any options to forward the email then it is a server side problem.
Can you post a link to the netscape help you was talking about? Like I said I don't have the netscape webmil so can't just go and look and trying to find out by going to there site keeps taking me to the signup for web mail page.

#13 ·
Hi Hewee,

It's mail with and without attachments. Ramona had suggested I try this:-

If you are using the IMAP account through the Netscape Mail & Newsgroups Settings, then I would save any email in your current IMAP folders, to another Email Account, and delete the Imap Account. Exit Netscape, reopen, then set up the account again.

How do I save my e-mails to another e-mail address if I can't forward them?

#15 ·
i am having the same problem. don't matter what kind of email i want to send.... forward, reply or new, i too get that reference 112 and it wont send it. i wrote libra and she responded to me, this site sent me an email letting me know i had a message in my inbox, but i get this (Could not find phrase 'pm_notenuffposts') and can not get my message from libra.

#17 ·
Yes this is the netscapes web based email program.

libra_girl has sent me two emails that are in my private message but it wont let me open it to read them. i was sent an email letting me know i recieved a reply, i clicked on the link and it brang me to a page that says: could not find phrase 'pm_notenuffposts .

#18 ·
Who is your ISP for your mail. Is your mail address whatever@netscape.com or net or is your email address whatever@yourisp.net or com.

It makes a differance on your settings. Oh and if it is your ISP and not a netscape account and you are trying to access it from a connection other then your ISP connection you may need to set it to My Server Requires Authentication because alot of SMPT servers has a security feature on them that requires this in order to be able to send email though your account from a differant ISP.

Hope this helps

MsKittie

#19 ·
Thanks MsKittie.

I never even set up the netscape webmail account because I was told not to from my friend "Ramona" who has the netscape help site. Forget the reason but maybe we are seeing them here is the trouble others are having.
I keep my web base email web base and don't have it as part of my email program like Netscape or OE

luckyrunt,

Don't know why you can open the pm's from libra_girl. Look to see if your see in the inbox if the PM was deleted by libra_girl. I forget just what it says but if you PM someone you can then keep them from seeing it if you do so before they get to see it. Don't know how you do it now after the fourm upgrade or even if you can but you used to be able too.

#21 ·
Hi Libra_girl,

Thinks are ok here. :) Don't know why Luckyrunt is not receiving your replies.
Look in your profile under " Track Messages " to see if she read your PM or not.
You would have to had to check the box " Request Read Receipt " for it to show up in the list. You can email Luckyrunt but only if they have it in there profile to let you. Plus if you do it will gave out your email address to them. I have this turned off in my profile.
No I don't have any way of finding out anyone's email address.

#22 ·
MsKittie, thanks for the info and i will check it out. my addy is whatever@netscape.net. i don't know much about these things. i don't have netscape browser, i just use the email threw aol messenger. i think. i don't even know that. i think maybe i'll just close that email box. save me alot of headache.
libra-girl, i'll check and see if i did my profile. i don't know why i can't read your messeges. i see the box in the top right corner. tells me i have 2 messeges in my pm inbox. and when i click on it to read them, it don't take me there. so check my profile.

#23 ·
Your do best not to post your email address as the spybots get the address and your gets lots and lots of spam luckyrunt.

I see your getting the PM but just never looked at them so we know it is working now.
It should take you to http://forums.techguy.org/private.php? and your see " Private Messages in Folder: Inbox " and the PM below that.

#25 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.