1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr Davo, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to configure EyeFinity with 3 monitors. My graphics card, a PowerColor HD 6850 supports a maximum of 3 monitors, and it sports the following monitor outputs: 2 x DVI, 1 x HDMI & 1 x DisplayPort.

My 3 monitors are all the same brand (Dell) and model (U2212HM UltraSharp), they each sport 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x DVI & 1 x VGA connection.

As all of my monitors support DisplayPort I see no need for a DisplayPort adaptor, and I have connected my monitors as follows:

1). DVI
    2). VGA by way of DVI Adaptor (this is because I am using a KVM switch)
    3). DisplayPort

Ironically only the 3rd, DisplayPort connected monitor is not working with EyeFinity! I have manually set the connection on the monitor (through the monitor's menu) to DisplayPort. Further when I turn the monitor off and on I see the message: "No DisplayPort - so the monitor doesn't "believe" that it is connected.

Windows (7 - x64 - Professional) on the other hand responds to the monitor being turned on and off by making the long "doo doo" sound that it typically makes whenever a USB connection is established! However this being said "Screen Resolution" item only ever reports that two monitors are connected!

Furthermore ATI Catalyst can only see two monitors connected - it sees one Analog (due to the adaptor) and one digital (as pictured below).

[​IMG]

Any help with getting my 3rd monitor will be greatly appreciated. I have considered uninstally & reinstalling the driver - but I am not convinced that this will help as the monitor is reporting "No DisplayPort Cable"!

Thanks

Davo

2. sonexpc

sonexpc

Try to make DisplayPort as primary Monitor and boot up from there make sure is it work first and then add each monitor on to the system ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1037192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice