1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get Acrobat/Adobe Reader to download

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by grams5579, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grams5579

grams5579 Thread Starter

I had uninstalled both the reader and flash. I have been trying for over a week to get Acrobat/Adobe Reader to download.When I go through the steps it gives me the error message that a newer version is already installed. I click on finish and get another screen that says Adobe Acrobat Reader DC did not install successfully.
    No where on my computer do I find it.
    Windows 7
    Please any help would be appreciated.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    How did you uninstall Reader ? How are you trying to download it ? From where and what browser are you using ?

3. grams5579

grams5579 Thread Starter

I went to control panel, programs and features. Clicked on the adobe reader and adobe flash and uninstalled.
    I am trying to download from
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions
    get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions

I am using IE and have also tried it through Chrome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice