1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get Apple iPhone 3GS to connect to Home PC WiFi connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cuttlefish, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    This alas, is a very well known and oft posted problem (www.whirlpool.com.au) and appears unresolvable!

Basically my Iphone - sitting on top of the router - will not consistantly connect AND maintain the connection.

If I keep at it over and over again it will eventually connect but then lose same in a matter of a few seconds.

As this NETGEAR modem also handles my wife's PC and a laptop without any problems, I have to believe it is in the iPhone settings that the problem exists!

OK, I have done the following:

1. Done a factory reset on the NETGEAR modem
    2. Reset the iPhone to factory (Yuck!)
    3. Reset over and over again the NETWORK SETTINGS on the iPhone
    4. Set up "another" network with NETGEAR to see if the default one it finds is "faulty"
    5. Pretty well done everything that has been suggested on the www.whirlpool forums where, as above, thias is a very common problem, all to no avail!

Everything points to a weak, poor or broken NETGEAER conection but the little connection ICON comes in loud and clear and when I do finally get a connection it works fine - for a few seconds!

The iPhone worked well on this exact system setup after purchase and it is only in the last few weeks that it has gone bad!

Wonder if I reset the phone back to original via iTunes if that would work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice