1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get @BIOS utility to work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rev Darkwing, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rev Darkwing

Rev Darkwing Thread Starter

I am trying to update the BIOS on my GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard. Going to the Gigabyte site, i downloaded the recommended @BIOS update utility. Since the internet does not have the necessary BIOS for my MB, I downloaded the identified BIOS and then tried to use the utility. I then got this error "Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match."

Not sure what to do now. Can anyone assist?

Here is the page for the @BIOS system.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, why do you want to update the bios?
    Next, your board uses Q-Flash; this is much more reliable than the windows based bios flash. I always recommend using qflash to flash the bios of a gigabyte board [when a bios update is required]

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

One other item. It appears from the spec that your board does not have the actual dual bios chips on the board. You do understand that a corrupted or incorrect flash can render your board unbootable correct?

4. Rev Darkwing

Rev Darkwing Thread Starter

I have not updated the BIOS since I bought the MB.. it is on F3 and the current version is F13. I have been experiencing the occasional blue screen.. which I think is due to a conflict between either by my sound card or my graphics card so I am updating the drivers and thought updating the BIOS might help as well.

I am familiar with the risk and have flashed other BIOS successfully in the past but am FAR from considering myself competent in this area. I am downloading the update from gigabyte site and am assuming it will be neither corrupt or incorrect but this is a faith based position. Any guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

PS: This is Rev 1.0 version of the MB

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/947718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice