Can't get both outlook http accounts into main inbox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

libbyinabq

Hi--

It used to be easy--all email downloaded into the one and only inbox automatically in Outlook 2000 and outlook 97. Now I am in Outlook 2003 hell. I have to "manually" move messages from each set of folders into my inbox to see them all in the main inbox. I am using XP, sp2 + all updates. I check for spyware with adaware, search and destroy, trips to trojan sites, etc. Using Norton internet security but disabled spam feature, hopefully. New toshiba laptop, near empty HD, defragged, errorchecked, etc.

I searched the forum and found recommendations that people just make rules to download both accounts into the main inbox, but an Outlook 2003 notice says that I can't use rules in Outlook 2003 with HTTP email. And that function is actually greyed out.

I have been referred to changing "document file locations" in the accounts dialogue box to make changes (in Microsoft tutorials)--but can find no instructions or explanation on how to use this feature in directing all email accounts to a certain folder. What folder would accomplish my goal? OR would I risk losing email from different accounts?

I tried to figure out what I read on profiles but they make no sense. One site said you have to create the profile before you use the program--or else I guess you lose some email if you do it later.

Outlook 2003 has been a major problem--but I was told I had to buy/use it with MSN dsl account--so I could get off high priced cable onto cheaper dsl.

I used to teach outlook--now it has become a monster I haven't been able to control over the last 3 months. I googled, did MS tutorial pages, did the cnet lesson, used help in Outlook, etc.

I also can't copy email from Outlook 2000 to my Outlook 2003. All I get are headers and the first line of the message.

I also get error messages when I try to move some emails, (not all) to the main inbox because "they are not completely downloaded" ??? I can open, view attachments, read them, but not move them?????

Can anyone help me with this weird program?

Libby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online