1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant get comp out of safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Werdsniper2, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Werdsniper2

Werdsniper2 Thread Starter

This morning I wake up and suddenly my computer is in safe mode. The comp turns on and beeps a couple times, than the screen is completely black. It than tells me "press any key or move mouse to continue". I keep pressing keys and moving my mouse and absolutely nothing happens. I have no way of getting out of safe mode, it appears that my mouse and keyboard arent responding. Any explanation?

2. norton850

norton850

This doesn't sound like safe mode. Is that all that it says? At what point do you get this message?

3. bonk

bonk Banned

The beeps are they both the same length and would you say that they are sort or long beeps

4. Werdsniper2

its like 2 long beeps, than 3 semi short beeps, than like 3 more long beeps and it stops.

5. Werdsniper2

And i dont even get the safe mode message unless i click a button on the monitor to adjust the screen settings. It wont tell me unless i try to adjust monitor settings

6. bonk

bonk Banned

I can't find the beep code you describe.........I would suggest try and start you PC and immediately tap F8 every second on startup and see if you can bring up a option screen...if not try re-seating your memory on the motherboard( with the power off)

7. norton850

norton850

I couldn't make any sense of them either. Werdsniper--is that all it says "press any key to continue"?

8. Werdsniper2

Exactly what it says is:
    2: Digital Input
    In Power Save Mode
    Press any key on keyboard or move mouse

I press keys and move the mouse. Nothing.

9. bonk

bonk Banned

Check your cables for the monitor and reseat them and check they are not damaged

10. Werdsniper2

I just relized. I named the topic "safe mode" but my computer is not in safe mode. It is in power save mode, arent those two different things?

11. norton850

norton850

Your monitor will normally go into power save mode and then become reactivated when you press the keyboard or mouse. So like bonk says check connections since it doesn't sound like it's getting a signal. What do you have for a system and monitor?

12. bonk

bonk Banned

yes they are......try with the PC on pushing the power button for 2 seconds

13. Werdsniper2

I just dont know. Everything is connected right. I just dont know.

14. bonk

bonk Banned

When you turn the PC on can you hear the fans running and does the Hard drive light flicker?

If you unplug the cable to the monitor do you get "No Signal" message?

15. Werdsniper2

When i turn the PC on the fan goes wild. I mean it goes at full strength. The light on the front of the tower stays a strong green, not flickering or anything, just how it is when its working properly. If i unplug the cable from the PC but leave the other half plugged into the screen the screen comes up with a "self Test Feature Check" with 4 different bars of color.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/453524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice