1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get Dell Inspiron 1525 WIFI to work after Operating System reinstall

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sflink, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sflink

sflink Thread Starter

Hello,

I just reinstalled Vista with the factory Reinstallation DVD that came with the computer (Dell Inspiron 1525) and now I can't get the WI-FI to work. "Network adapters" does not appear in the Device Manager. From what I've read, it seems as though I need to install the wireless/WIFI drivers, but there are three problems: 1) The Dell support site with the drivers doesn't seem to be working (please provide direct link if you can get a working one. 2) I don't know EXACTLY what drivers to download. 3) I don't know how to install the drivers once downloaded (from what I've read, it's apparently not as simple as just double-clicking and installing.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, as this is my cousin's computer that I'm helping him with.

THANK YOU!
    Configuration: Dell Inspiron 1525
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz
    Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
    System type: 32-bit Operating System

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There is a service tag # on the Dell computer that should take you to the correct drivers.

3. sflink

sflink Thread Starter

I have tried going to Dell's site with the service tag, but am only given a list of drivers for my computer without any explanation as to which specific drivers need to be downloaded for my computer. It seems as though there are many different options for the same functions. Specifics would be most helpful. Thanks so much!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897049