1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get display in my second monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GamerBlackAcid, May 2, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid Thread Starter

I can't get the display on my second monitor.
    Here is the thing...
    I have two different GPU's and two different monitors.

1 . AMD Radeon R7 240 (Dedicated)
    2. ATI Radeon HD 4250 (Integrated)

So. I want to run dual monitors using both dedicated and integrated graphics card.
    First question is that is it even possible?
    Second question is that will two different monitors with different sizes work?

Also don't forget to give the solution. I've tried all common steps like updating, reinstalling drivers. It doesn't even detect that the monitor is in there.
    Please help.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It may not work if you are trying to use both the graphics controller built into the motherboard and a plug-in video card. Many motherboards do not support this type of simultaneous operation.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    From what I can determine, the AMD Radeon R7 240 graphic card has 3 video ports: VGA, HDMI, DVI
    Depending on which type of cable connection you have for your 2 monitors, you should be able to use both with your graphic card.

When you add a dedicated graphic card, the BIOS setup screen will usually disable the integrated graphic device.
    As Chuck already said, you usually can't use both video ports(dedicated and integrated) at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid Thread Starter

I saw some tutorials saying that it will work and it works for them.
    This is my Motherboard - BIOSTAR T-Series TA880GB+

It shows an option - Internal Graphics Card and the options to choose from that are:
    1) Disabled
    2) Enabled

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What's the goal here?

The onboard chipset and the video card have multiple ports. You can run multiple monitors from either one, you don't need to use both to do what you are trying to do.

As noted previously, most motherboards do not allow onboard and a addon card to function at the same time. I've only had this work once, and it was on a business class Dell. I will add, that you already noted that you "have a tutorial", which means you have a set of instructions on exactly what to do. The fact that it's not working, would seem to indicate that you are either doing it incorrectly (we can't confirm as we don't have the tutorial and we can't see what you are doing) or it simply doesn't work as noted above.

If we know exactly what you are trying to do and why, we can likely find a solution.

And yes, you can use multiple monitors (on chipsets/cards that have multiple ports) and they can all be different resolutions.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice