1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant get gui kde to work coz of x server and no driver for old monitor,

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by jfbaily, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfbaily

jfbaily Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I have been installing suse linux 6.4 , kde option, the installation was done with yast2, the gui started off as normal , but after the first cd and the base system installed it went back to text version of yast 2, cant find the monitor in the list (packard bell 1015) and vesa 640 480 wont work, x server setup by xf86config ok (/usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_xxxx) but needs symbolic link to /var/X11R6/bin/X which i cant do because after writing the link it tells me /usr/X11R6....... doesnt exist! cant find a linux driver for monitor either! what do i do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice