1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get headset microphone to work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jordyhuana, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jordyhuana

jordyhuana Thread Starter

(I'm on a laptop)

So I bought a new headset the sound plays through well, but that isn't my problem the thing is It's not detected so It's not in my recording devices.

My laptop also has a build-in microphone (that doesn't show up in recording devices either).

So I can't even disable my build-in microphone, or find my headset mic so how am I supposed to make it work..?

Any solution? , Thank you for your time.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

So what you are saying is that when you open the Sound interface and select the Recording tab, the list is empty, there is nothing there at all, completely blank even though you have a built in microphone which you can see in Devices and Printers or in Device Manager.

3. yerteenagedream

yerteenagedream

I have the same issue as they do, but mine still show up in recording devices,
    upload_2015-8-20_19-21-8.png

Attached Files:

4. jordyhuana

jordyhuana Thread Starter

The same shows up for me but that doesn't helpt me anything at all....

5. CleaverX

CleaverX

If this is a USB based headset/mike you should try the manufacturer's website to find the driver or software package available for your operating system.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice