Can't get into computer

FRANK80

Is there a way to change from FRENCH too ENGLISH? I tried to set it up, but i can't read FRENCH, SO i CAN,T GET IN.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you give us some background, please? Were you trying to install Win 7 and somehow, inadvertently, choose to install the French language option, or did the machine come with French installed on it already?

FRANK80

Can you give us some background, please? Were you trying to install Win 7 and somehow, inadvertently, choose to install the French language option, or did the machine come with French installed on it already?
it was already in stalled, The computer was new T tried active window's 7 is was in french. So I could not set it up.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, take me to the point where you're trying to set it up. Is this like a brand-new machine when you boot up and it asks you for all the initial options, which you can't read because they're in French? What's the make & model of the machine?

plodr

Liz
Return the computer.

The language can be changed but it is not easy. This from HP's site
The language on an HP computer is part of the product design and, in general, is not easily changed. For best results, use a computer that has been manufactured for the country/region where the native language is used. With certain versions of Windows 7, you may be able to download and install a Language Interface Pack (LIP) or Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Language Pack in a different language.
Source: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01927527

FRANK80

Okay, take me to the point where you're trying to set it up. Is this like a brand-new machine when you boot up and it asks you for all the initial options, which you can't read because they're in French? What's the make & model of the machine?
gateway windows 7

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Windows 7 is immaterial. Okay, it's a Gateway but which particular model? Does it have a product key sticker on it for a Windows 7 license?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
FRANK80:
If it is a Gateway computer, it will have a SNID number and a serial number on it.
Advise us what those 2 numbers are.
Also advise us which country it was purchased in.
(Note: Gateway is now owned and supported by Acer)

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online