Can't get into my device with the correct password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gabrielle25

I have recently turned on my tablet after a few months of not using it and I can't get in with the password I 100% remember is the correct one. I tried turning it on and off, also tried other possible variations of the same password and other possible passwords but nothing worked. I wanted to do a factory reset because I didn't know what else to do, but it won't let me access the option for some reason. The whole thing seems to be malfunctioning, even the date & time changed by themselves. Anybody know what I can do? Doesn't matter if it includes a total wipe.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Although no assistance can be given with the actual password issue, one of out rules being

Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
It would be of assistance to us if you were to tell us the actual make and full model of the tablet, that may enable us to advise you regarding the reset

plodr

Liz
The date and time on my android devices (3 working, 1 I'm working on fixing) change to the current date and time when I turn it on and before I unlock it. That is normal.

Gabrielle25

Yes, I think a reset would still help me a lot. My tablet is a GoGen, model TA 11400 QUAD

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you cannot access settings from the normal menu then you MAY be able to enter the root menu screen using the following procedure
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen. (some tablets use vol down)

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
Mark it solved please, click mark solved on your opening post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online