1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get into my E-mail with websitepros

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tsluv61, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tsluv61

Tsluv61 Thread Starter

Hello to all :) I have a big problem and I hope you can solve it for me.
    I have a account with website pros which is a online website provider.
    I am having problems getting on to my E-mail account with them, but it is only one of my computers. I have a Emachines with Enternet explorer 6 and I can get on just fine. And I have a Sony with enternet explorer 5 and I can't get on to that site a all. The Emachines has os XP home addition and the Sony has Windows ME. If anyone has a answer for this problem, I will be very happy :D

2. dtugg

dtugg

Is the site for the email an https:// site? I couldn't imagine why they would have 128 bit encryption on their email, but if so, it's the version of IE you're using. I think IE 5.5 is the earliest version with 128 bit. Does it say "The page cannot be displayed"?

Worth a shot to upgrade the IE to 6.0!

3. Tsluv61

Tsluv61 Thread Starter

WOW! :D Yea that is just what it says! I will try to upgrade to 6.0 and see if that will fix the probelm. (y)

4. Tsluv61

Tsluv61 Thread Starter

The problem is SOLVED!

First I want thank dtugg and dai for all of there help on this problem with my websitepros E-mail.

Well.....I first updated to IE 6.0 and rebooted my computer, and that fixed some of the problems I was having getting on to other websites, but I still couldn't get on to website pros. I then went to Internet options and went to privacy, settings and clicked on Advanced. I then put a check in ( override automatic cookie handling ). I then went to general box and made sure that the check for a newer version of a web page ( Every visit to a page ) in Temporary Internet files, settings was clicked. closed Internet explorer and reopened it and went back to the website. I then put in the Right E-mail address and password and there you have it! It works just fine :p You guys are the greatest (y) If I keep this up, I will be a guru one day :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice