1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant get into my Email...please help

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by helen1961, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helen1961

helen1961 Thread Starter

Hi there techguys!

I have a problem with getting into Hotmail. I type in my username and password like normal and it seems to activate it but doesnt eventually get me into the account (ie takes forever to download the page). What I have also noticed is that alot of 00000's come up on the address bars whilst its trying to get in and load my account page (this is unusual). No matter how long I wait for it to download the page, it just doesnt do it. Please help as it is so frustrating!

Many thanks...

2. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Are you using Msn Messenger or is it installed on your pc? This is causing a lot of problems with hotmail recently

3. helen1961

helen1961 Thread Starter

My 14 year old son recently has installed MSN Messenger on my PC and has been using it to talk to his school friends (they're all on there!). Come to think about it, ever since it was installed I have had this problem with getting into hotmail...... Any suggestions what I do now? He will not be happy if I uninstall it, that's for sure. Will I uninstall and reinstate it?......

4. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Well apparently if you login into msn messenger before you login to hotmail it works fine. But if you try it the other way then it doesnt work. If you can, uninstall msn messenger and install an earlier version of it like 6.0. But you'll have trouble finding it online.

Maybe you should use msn messenger yourself, that would solve your problem. And its a handy feature anyway.

We had this problem at work by the way and the only way we got around it was with some crazy techiniques, but the above solutionis definately the easiest.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice