Can't get into my Linksys Router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tidalcloud

I can't seem to get in to my Linksys Router using the password I had assigned (or thought I had) or the default. What can I do?

On the back of the router there should be a recessed button. If you press and hold for 10 seconds, the router will reset with the default settings. If you can't find the manual (I'm assuming you can't since you're posting), the linksys website should have a copy of the manual. The manual should have the default password in it.

Tidalcloud

There is actually a recessed button on the front of the router called "reset". I did not know that it would actually reset the password to access the router settings. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

just to save you some time, the default password is "admin". don't type anything in the user box though

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts