1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get into my XP system AT ALL--password is demanded--none available!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by spacefarer, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spacefarer

spacefarer Thread Starter

OK--I' a self taught beginner with significant knowledge gaps--here's the prob--I am trying to bring an old computer W/XP online--and can't get ANYWHERE because it demands a password--I DON'T have the old disc for formatting--so I am not sure WHAT to do! ANYTHING that will get me past this password prob is ok--not too worried about erasing old info on the hard drive! Thanks!

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    unfortunately we cant help u. we arent allowed to help with passwords.

3. spacefarer

spacefarer Thread Starter

OKAY! Evidently--I was UNCLEAR--The problem is that the computer will not allow me to do ANYTHING after I turn it ON--because it demands a password--HOWEVER--there are REMEDIES--I may be a NEOPHYTE--but I am aware that -- for instance--I could probably REFORMAT it--i.e.--start over from scratch (its an old shelved unit I'm bringing back online)--THAT would be OKAY--unfortunately I don't have the XP disk that was originally used to format it originally!!! All I want to do is put the darned thing back to a state where I can USE it--I don't care diddly about any old downloads or info that was on it previously!!NOW if it SEEMS like I am a bit OVERWROUGHT--it is only because someone decided that a cavalier dismissal of my request--based on the most superficial analysis of my request would be the way to be helpful--once again--maybe I am new here and just plain NEW -- but if anyone examines my first post--I think it will be obvious that I was NOT asking for PASSWORD HELP!!! If you don't want to help me--fine--but just because I am not a computer expert does not exempt me from the basic assumption that I have a modicum of intelligence or that I do not deserve the basic courtesy that society indicates we all deserve--please forgive my lengthy post--I realize that not everyone is that dismissive! Thank You!

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Getting "into" the system involves cracking the password. If you have a legal XP CD, you can install over the existing system, no password involved.

I'm guessing this is a BIOS password and not a Windows password, which is also covered under our password help rules.

I also suggest you adjust your attitude.

The thread is closed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice