Cant Get microphone working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vaikepois

http://www.klikk.com.mt/index.php?s...oductid=5759&productname=Trust Headset GXT 10

This is the Headset i have..

Idk why but i have latest realtek audio manager...

But for some reason when i plugin my mic and headphones.. headphones work fine.. but microphone is extremly quiet.. and on/off buttom on headset.. for mic on/off i mean.. instead of muting the microphone.. every down i up/down switch it lowers volume a bit..

Anyways please help me.. i wanna rly get fixed...

leroys1000

Banned
Go to start/control panel/sound.
Click the recording tab.
Click on the microphone then click the configure button.
Click the custom tab and select microphone +20db boost.
Click apply/ok.

vaikepois

i tried this.. still too quiet. i need put extremy close my mouth so anyone would hear.. but even if this fixes volume it wont fix switch problem

leroys1000

Banned
Is the microphone actually set as default recording device in the recording tab?
You can right click it and click set as default or communication default.
Whichever you need .

leroys1000

Banned
Go back to the recording tab in control panel/sound.
Click the mic and click properties.
Click the levels tab and make sure it is turned up and not muted.
That's about all I can think of besides a possibly bad mic.
Oh,if it is a stereo mic,you may need to click the advanced tab
and select the proper configuration and bit rate.

vaikepois

-.-pff ive done all you said.. its still quiet and button bugged.. mby i need somekind of driver o.o?

leroys1000

Banned
Yeah,it's ok to bump the post every once in a while.
I can't think of anything else right now.
Maybe someone else can.

double click the speaker icon in your task bar and be sure all the volumes are all the way up and/or not muted

vaikepois

-.- Il update my first post about what ive have tried..

damn cant.. so il update here

UPDATE-
Things ive tried..
About Quiet Volume -
Checked if muted(which wasent muted)
Maxed Mic volume
Enable Boost.
Still too quiet unless i put it extremly close to mouth

About Button-
No Freaking idea whats the problem...

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Recently, I hooked up all 4 of my old mikes just to test them on XP, and 3 of them I had to hold against my mouth to get anything resembling audio out of my speakers, the 4th was decent, not great, but I could be 4 inches from the mike and could hear what I was speaking OK. These were old, stick type mikes from 8 or more years ago....I think there must be a large difference in mikes and performance, at least with the cheap stick types.

I do not have a new headphone set to test with, but I have used them and they are much better.

The best way to test the equipment is to use them over Yahoo Messenger or any other audio/visual application.....you need to find out what the testing software included with for example, Yahoo Messenger, tells you and the input from the other end of the chat can guide you, too.

See if you can install Skype and test the mic using it. Skype has a really good UI and can easily help you get your mic up and running. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online