Cant Get Microsoft Outlook 2000 to open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

colopho

Please help.
When I click on the Outlook icon or on Microsoft Outlook on my programs list, the Microsoft Outlook box appears in the middle of my screen and appears to be opening. But then I get a new box that says "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I have a Dell Dimension Pentium 4 CPU with 2.80 GHz and 0.99 Gb Ram, Microsoft Windows XP Operating system and Microsoft Office 2000 software.

Thanks.

colopho

Augie65 said:
Have you updated the latest SP3 for Outlook 2000? You might also run a Detect and Repair to see if it solves your problem.
Detect and Repair Tool
Thanks for the quick response but unfortunately, I have updated with the latest SP3 for Outlook and I tried the Detect and Repair tool with no effect on this problem. Other ideas???

Thanks.

Run a scan with your anti-virus program. If you are have e-mail scanning enabled, disable it and see if Outlook will open. As long as you have a resident shield running, you don't need e-mail scanning.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online