1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Get Mouse to work!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Misfit45, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Misfit45

Misfit45 Thread Starter

Hi All,

This is a question from my brother. He's using a cordless mouse, but it has stopped working:

He has changed the batteries - doesn't work.
    He has installed his old corded mouse - doesn't work.
    He has checked that all connections are in properly - doesn't work!

Has anyone got any ideas to what could be the cause of the problem, and how to fix it.

Any help would be much appretiated.

Thanks in advance.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Has he tried it in all USB ports on the PC....and does other devices work in the USB ports?

You have to push the reset button on the bottom of the mouse after replacing the batteries

3. Misfit45

Misfit45 Thread Starter

He has pressed the button and reset the mouse, has also tried other things in the USB ports and they work fine.

Any other ideas?

4. lee85boro

lee85boro

does it come up as any device ? "USB Device unknown" or "standard" ... right click on my computer > click on the hardware tab > click on device manager > go to mice and other pointing devices.. check if the mouse is installed.. if so reinstall. another thing could be is.. do you have any people in your household that could have played with the bios not knowing what they are doing, you can disable the mouse and play with some mouse and usb setting inside there. you should check this out

5. Misfit45

Misfit45 Thread Starter

My brother says the Cursor is just stuck, won't move or anything.

My brother lives in Wales and I'm in London so I can't go around and check for myself.

There would be no one that would have messed around with Bios or anything. His family is pretty much scarred of touching the computer, but I can't get much more sense out of him (never have, never will).

Other than this, he may have to take it around to a computer shop to get someone to physically take a look at it.

Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice