1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant get my ages of the empire to work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blowmeover1, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blowmeover1

blowmeover1 Thread Starter

i have a problem i hope someone out there can help me with .........does the intell 810 chipset support direct draw.......is there drivers i have to down load ? help me please!!!!!!

2. Rache

Rache Banned

My mobo is 810 and I play Age of Kings with only onboard graphics. What happens? Does it load and crash, or not even load? Things to check: DirectX tests, Device Manager for yellows, DMA enabled on drives, cd-rom ok.

3. 42gary

42gary

is this for online gaming on Zone.com or just single player?

4. 42gary

42gary

i had an hp 8655c and it had the intel i810 chipset and i played the game with no problems. try reinstalling the game

5. blowmeover1

blowmeover1 Thread Starter

the game is loaded in my system when it tryes to boot it says cant initalize video card or on board graphics....them says make sure thay are directdraw compatable.....my system has a.....p3 pros 500 mhz.........with 256mb memory......32 mb video....1-80 gig hardrive......1-13gig hardrive(opps on it)running xp home ...300w power supply...tryed to get a geforce 4-420-64 to work but it wont show up on my computer ...had card checked .....its good

6. 42gary

42gary

check in the bios and see if you can disable the on board video. I was unable to disable mine so i just uninstalled it from the device manager, and installed my nvidia card before rebooting. The nvidia card would install and work but windows would still reinstall the onboard graphics. Try the G-Force mx400, that is the one i used and it worked fine.

7. Instantjunk

Instantjunk

As 42Gary said check the bios to disable on board graphics, if it's not in the bios the board may have jumper settings you need to set.(check your manual).
    Install drivers for the card manually if necessary.
    What version of Direct X are you running, it may be necessary to update that.
    Lastly Ages of Empires has some patches that should be installed from the web site if you already haven't done that.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice