Can't get my dvd to work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lockeyp

Ean
Hi Guys, I am having trouble with my dvd, its whirring but just does not connecting I first installed Media 12 for Win10 that didn't work so I tried VLC but these are the results, this is the same problem that I had before. it had to go away, it was lost for a good 2 months, so if possible I would like to repair it for myself. so next time something like this happens again I would how to repair it.

I look forward to hearing from you

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///D:/'. Check the log for details.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Ean:
You can buy a good quality DVD recordable drive for about $25.00.
If yours is no longer working, simply replace it.

-------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

I agree with the above; it is seldom cost effective to attempt to repair a dvd drive. As a very simple test, put a bootable dvd in the drive ie win7 install dvd, linux live dvd, whatever. Set the dvd as the first boot device in the bios OR if your system has a quick boot menu, restart and choose the dvd from the menu.
If the system will not boot the bootable dvd, the problem is the drive has failed, it is dirty, bad or loose cable, etc. If it does boot successfully, repeat a few times to be sure it really works. If it boots a few times, then it is a windows, driver, software conflict and the drive does in fact work.

Right now a dvd burner is all of $23 at the egg;
LG Internal 24x Super Multi with M-DISC Support SATA Model GH24NSC0B - Newegg.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online