1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get my head around noise gates

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by aRvi0nE, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aRvi0nE

aRvi0nE Thread Starter

So i'm trying to remove microphone white noise for live streaming/recording, its not that big of a noise but it kind of bugs me, i tried a noise gate but when it closes i feel like it makes the noise even more noticeable because of the difference between it being there when im talking and being completely muted. Also tried noise suppression but even on the max setting the noise is still there and it lowers sound quality. My microphone is a gamecom 780/788 headset, also the software i'm using is streamlabs obs, voicemeeter banana and virtual adio cable, i would prefer to keep using only these programs but if you think there is a better solution feel free to tell me.

If i broke any forum rules im sorry but i couldn't read them, the rules page and the guide for new members page weren't loading for some reason, this is silly but i'm kind of asking for tech help for an issue on the tech help site xD

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    First thought, would be to test another mic or two and see if the issue continues. Most often, this is simply a hardware/mic issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice