Can't get my monitor to read past 60hz

sleepysabin

I've recently upgraded my computer and it came with a shiny new 2080 Super, all well and good but then I find that it doens't have DVI input. No matter, my 144hz BenQ monitor came with a Display Cable which should allow it to push into that range of fps. With my old computer and my 1080 Founders Edition, I was able to read the refresh rate higher than 60hz up to 144, no problem there. What I don't understand is with this 2080 Super, I am literally not allowed to choose anything past 60hz in either the display settings or the control panel's settings. I don't know what to do really

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200709172135.000000-600
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 20
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (62 GB Free); D: 1862 GB (1862 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z490-V, ver Rev 1.xx, s/n 200569445000096
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Attachments

sleepysabin

How exactly did you install the driver for your new card?
I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted, i couldn't find them anywhere. I've been doing some hard digging and *specifically* my monitor doesn't work with a dual dvi-d cable. I think it's just dead in the water as it doesn't have a dual dp option. I have a new monitor coming that supports dual dp and this is gonna just be my support monitor -.-

crjdriver

I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted, i couldn't find them anywhere.
You cannot find nvidia drivers???
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Next how to properly install a new video card;
1 Old card still installed go to the relevant site ie AMD or Nvidia and download the latest driver for your card
2 Old card still installed, uninstall ALL software based on the old card ie driver, monitoring software, whatever. Do not reboot when prompted. Just tell it later
3 Shutdown and pull the old card. Install the new card and make any pw connections as necessary. Be sure the monitor is connected to the card and not an onboard port on the motherboard
4 Pw ON and install the driver you downloaded in step #1. Now reboot when prompted

Done.

sleepysabin

You cannot find nvidia drivers???
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Next how to properly install a new video card;
1 Old card still installed go to the relevant site ie AMD or Nvidia and download the latest driver for your card
2 Old card still installed, uninstall ALL software based on the old card ie driver, monitoring software, whatever. Do not reboot when prompted. Just tell it later
3 Shutdown and pull the old card. Install the new card and make any pw connections as necessary. Be sure the monitor is connected to the card and not an onboard port on the motherboard
4 Pw ON and install the driver you downloaded in step #1. Now reboot when prompted

Done.
Not for nvidea, the monitor. Trust it's a lost cause on this particular monitor, i need a dvi-dvi hookup

With windows 10, if connected to the internet....installing the new GPU, windows should have found the driver for it and installed it.

Not for nvidea, the monitor. Trust it's a lost cause on this particular monitor, i need a dvi-dvi hookup
Most monitors theses days are plug in play...so no driver needed. What you need is the driver for your new RTX 2080. Go to Nvidida website for that.

With most newer monitors...to maximize 144mhz rate....a display port cable is required. Use that cable the came with the monitor....plug into the monitor and then plug it into the RTX 2080.

As seeing you have an Intel CPU .....go into the BIOS and disable the Intel GPU off of the CPU. It's called Interl UHD Graphics 630.

crjdriver

I have never seen a windows 10 install that needed monitor drivers. The problem is not a lack of a specific monitor driver. It is something else; video driver not clean installed, incorrect monitor cable [some monitors are limited when using one type of cable ie dvi or hdmi] using an adapter rather than plugging the monitor directly into the video card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts