1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get on internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by melonhead, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melonhead

melonhead Thread Starter

Hi!!

I have three computers networked by router. One of the computers is uanble to get on the net. It can see the other computers, but it cannot recognize an IP address to get on the net.

Windows Xp. Opened up the network connections. It had two connections and two network bridges (Don't know how that happened!) One of the network bridges is disabled and cannot be enabled. Both of the network connections state they are connected but cannot recognize IP. Tried to repair both, but received error message that unable to recognize IP address.

Do I need a network bridge? (What is a network bridge anyway) I just used to have one network connection and everything was working fine. I tried to delete some of these and I was unable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. melonhead

melonhead Thread Starter

Never mind!! I removed the devices through device manager and it detected everything and reconnected. And no network bridges were there.

I would still like to find out what network bridges are?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice