1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant get online anymore

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jones150375, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jones150375

jones150375 Thread Starter

Can anybody help please? After putting my pc into sleep mode while still logged into a multiplayer game site and returning approx 4 hours later i can no longer accsess the internet. I have 2 browsers installed on my pc- internet explorer and mozzilla firefox. My pc is connected via network cards to the host pc which uses a cable modem. Nothing has been unplugged or any settings changed on either pc and the host pc can still access the internet. i was using mozilla firefox browser at the time. Both pc,s use windowsXP. I tried system restore but it hasn't fixed it. What on earth could of happened, everything was fine then a few hours later no internet...any help would be extremely appreciated...thanks in advance.

Mr Jones

2. dugq

dugq

3. jones150375

I ran the program on the host pc it did its"thing" i rebooted both pc's but it hasn't solved the problem. Have i ran the program on the correct pc?
    Your time and help is highly appreciated.

4. dugq

dugq

It needs to be run on the pc which is havign the problems

5. jones150375

Please could you tell me how to run the program on the affected pc, i tried to by clicking start, run, then typed in the program, clicked ok, result=Cannot find server,page cannot be displayed, i also tried it in the address bar when this page appeared.

6. dugq

dugq

Move the program over to the PC with problems (it should fit on a floppy), doubleclick on it, and it should give you a little window, just click on fix.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice