1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant get online with ps2

Discussion in 'Games' started by platinumrims, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. platinumrims

platinumrims Thread Starter

i have a 2wire 802.11g usb adapter and a slimline ps2. is there any way i can play online using the 2 wire?

2. PrivatePC

PrivatePC

Well, i have a problem with my ps2 online also. Some one told me i need a router. Wich i think is a way to connect your ps2 and your computer to the internet at the same time.

YOur Welcome :)

3. platinumrims

i was wondering if i could just plug it into the front where the usb ports are if that is any way possible

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I would assume you have a wireless router? If you do, then you will need to a) make sure the MAC address of your adapter is allowed to connect to the router, and b) use port forwarding.

The USB ports should be fine to use. If the router is nearby, I would strongly suggest using the ethernet port instead for internet stability

5. platinumrims

well the 2wire wireless adapter has a usb connection not an ethernat connection. is there an adapter to convert it to ethernet. that might sound like a stupid question. and what do you mean by port forwarding and how do i use it

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The slimline PS2 version has already got the ethernet connection.

Looks like a telephone port, but bigger.

7. platinumrims

yes i know but the hook up for my wireless is usb not ethernet

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    No there is no coverters in that sense.

YOu should be able to use the usb connection, as long as you ahve a wireless router.

9. platinumrims

so then do i need an id and password when setting up my config since i have already tryied without one and didnt work. i dont know what the id and pass would be, i have att dsl so where would i find them

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I would assume you mean the SSID. That is from your wireless router.

11. platinumrims

ok this is what i did: first i hooked up my ps2 to my comp using a network cable and with that the connection timed out when i was trying to create my network configuration after that i hooked up the ps2 to a linksys router using the network cable and hooked up the router to my comp using a phone line. i did all this while the comp was connected to internet. using the router hooked up to the comp and ps2 the network configuration worked but when i tried to play madden it didnt recognize it. i did try to test the connection without hooking it up to the comp only having it hooked up to the router and it said there was a connection. so there is only a connection to the router. how do i hook up the router to my comp?

12. juicujamie91

juicujamie91

can someone tell me everything i need and need to no to get my ps2 online and where i put cords on ps2 and computer to enable ps2 online thanks(y) EMAIL ANSWER TO [email protected]

13. platinumrims

does anyone have any more help for me with this problem?

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK, lets start from the top with regards to your hardware. What router do you have? I will need the model name and model number.

15. platinumrims

Ok, here is the situation, my moms computer is upsairs and mine is downstairs. I get the internet through a wireless adapter. It is a 2wire adaptor and im not sure what the model number is on the device that sends me the internet. That device is upstairs and hooked up to another thing that i think is the router. The name of that router is packet 8 and i alson dont konw what is the model number on router. it gives the MAC number and the s/n number but i dont know which one is the model number. All i am trying to do is play madden 08 online for ps2 in the basement and the wireless adapter that plugs into my computer into a usb port. When i plug it into my ps2 it doesnt recognize that there is any internet.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice