1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get past "sorry for the inconvenience" screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ascala, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ascala

ascala Thread Starter

Hi! Last night, while playing a game, my computer froze then turned off. When I tried to turn it back on, it seemed to come up normally with the hp invent screen, then the F2 screen...except, when I hit F2, I was taken to a screen that started off with "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows was unable to start up normally..." The options listed are to start up in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration, or start up windows normally. No matter which one I select, I am taken back to the original hp invent screen, then the F2 screen, etc...it's a never ending cycle and I am getting nowhere!
    Does anyone have any ideas that might help me?

2. Dan O

Dan O

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785666