Cant get past the asus screen at the start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Phatons

I cant get past the asus screen at the start. I can access the bios but even with a bootable usb stick it won't open the usb key despite the priority. It just goes on a loop and constantly goes to the ASUS starting screen.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
please see this from our welcome guide
When writing your question, please be as descriptive as possible.
to do what - load windows
what is the bootable usb - by that I mean what it is it booting to
Full model of the Asus please
Did it come with windows 10 installed
and all other relevant detail please

Phatons

AMD FX (tm) quad core
8gb ram (DDR3 1333MHz)
It came with Windows 7 but it evetually updated to 10
The usb was supposed to boot an iso of the windows 7 disc but since it wont even get past the ASUS logo the only thing I can access is UEFI BIOS Utility - EZ Mode

Phatons

Using a usb key (Kingston) to act as the cd for windows 7 recovery but that doesn't matter because it never reaches Windows Boot Manager or the USB Key itself

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What I mean is from where please is the windows 7 installation media - which has now been transferred to the usb

and how was it made as an ISO copied to a usb stick is not bootable

Phatons

My computer wont go past the asus screen so we can just forget about the usb stick it won't work regardless.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well the choice is yours but neither I or indeed anyone else can help if you do not wish to answer any of the questions asked

cant get past the asus screen at the start. I can access the bios but even with a bootable usb stick it won't open the usb key despite the priority. It just goes on a loop and constantly goes to the ASUS starting screen
as I have said - it will not boot to usb if the usb is not bootable and a windows iso for 7 copied to a usb is NOT bootable
The USB install has to be made a certain way for it to be bootable.
There are two methods one for a UEFI system and one for a MBR system

Additionally to that the windows 7 installation ISO files that were previously available from many sources, but required a product key were withdrawn from all legitimate sources by Microsoft

They Microsoft replaced the third party downloads many of which were from DigitalRiver an authorised distributor of Microsoft software with their own windows 7 download install media
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7
However that requires as you can see a product key and OEM keys are not accepted. The reason being that Microsoft, as always, state that OEM installations of windows are the responsibility of the OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer.

I suspect the cause is the loop caused by a failure of a process be that whatever was being done when the problem occurred

However with respect I cannot work with someone who keeps telling me that my questions are pointless and refuses to answer them.

Phatons

My computer was formating itself at the time it stopped half way and said there was a problem. The key is bootable I have already used it for another EFI and I have my serial number for windows 7 I just dont have the disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online