1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant get past the blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by poyzynnIvey, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poyzynnIvey

poyzynnIvey Thread Starter

i try to start my computer it just brings me to a blue screen error message ***stop 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x867FE8D8,0xc0000102,0x00000000)then it just restarts and restarts loop my computer didnt come with a disk so i dont know what to do
    i have phoenix bios
    windows xp media center edition 2005
    sony vaio model #PCG-8V1L

2. haycg

haycg

When you turn your computer on start tapping the F8 key. If this works select Last Known Good Configuration - Enter.

I searched your error at Microsoft Knowledge Base. You try.
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

For me to get into System Recovery (back to factory settings) with my eMachine I start tapping the F11 key when I
    turn the power on.

To call your computer manufacturer - Start - control panel - open System Icon - General Tab - Support Information
    Their phone number should be listed here.
    See if they will allow you to buy an Install CD
    It worked for me. Been a long time, I may still have been under warranty.

For your next computer get an exterior hard drive and something like Acronis to back up your hard drive.
    Even so that can fail. I have an extra hard drive that's loaded with the same operating system for
    Windows XP and Windows 7
    When my Windows XP and Acronis failed, I switched hard drives and ran Error Checking. Connected as a slave.
    That corrected the hard drive that wouldn't boot.
    Desktops are easier to work on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice