1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant get printer to print only in bw

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Primes, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Primes

Primes Thread Starter

I have an hp psc 1200 (printer, scanner) and i cant seem to get it to print just in greyscale. there doesn't seem to be any option to do so.his is really frustrating when i'm trying to print out a web page and don't wont to spend the time and money. Any suggestion? am i missing something ?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I have had a look at my driver for a different HP printer - but it may be similar

print properties>
    advanced>
    printer defaults>
    color>
    print in greyscale

I also set a friends HP printer and that had the greyscale deep in the printer properties

hope that helps

3. Primes

Primes Thread Starter

no my driver must be different.I dont have a color option

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thats a shame - i tried searching the we for some manuals or instructions for the driver for that printer.

why not just try working through every option..

5. slipe

slipe

I got different capabilities when I upgraded the driver for my 930C. You might try the newest driver: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...us&dlc=en&submit.y=7&submit.x=3&lang=en&cc=us It looks like a LONG download unless you have broadband.

XP loaded my printer so I didn’t have to load any software, but the choices in properties were very limited. With the HP driver I had everything. If XP loaded the unit for you automatically you still need the HP driver software.

As a point of interest grayscale doesn’t always save your color ink with most HP printers. With any photo it will mix the colors to get grayscale. Both of my HP printers have had a sub-category of “black only” under grayscale which will not mix any color ink to give grayscale.

6. LINKUP19GS

LINKUP19GS

Have you tried downloading the free pdf manuals from HP USA it's about 1.2 mb and very indepth. according to it you should have a print manager icon on your desktop and at the very least you should have the print manager in your programs list under hp and you should find all the help you need there. If not try re installing the printer with hp's free driver download. It's about 166 mb so hopefully you have high speep internet you also have the option of ordering an installation cd containing the user manuals in it. good luck

your friend in tech
    DA MISSING LINK

7. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy folks...

Hmmm...interesting I've got one of those, never had any problems out of it ( yet ;) )...

Just some questions...

Did you just install new cartridges ?

And if you did did you tell it it had both black and tri color cartridges ?

To check go to the printers - right click on the printer - properties - under the general tab - click on the Printing preferences button - Services tab - click on the Open the Hp toolbox button - Configuration tab...

And see of it says Two print cartridges under the heading Configure print cartridges...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/244878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice