Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't get printer (which works fine wirelessly ) to work through USB connection

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  surfer123 
#1 ·
This is complicated; hope I explain reasonably clearly:

I have been running my Dell XPS M 1210 laptop and networking it WIRELESSLY to my Dell Photo 966 All-In-One, and printing has been no problem. For the internet, I have been using AT&T's DSL through a 2Wire router. The DSL (which barely manages a .75 mbps connection speed) is the best connection we can get where we live.

To boost my speed, I added a digital internet connection from Time Warner Cable, through which I can receive Road Runner Turbo in my area. I use this connection for when I have to do heavy researching on the internet, downloading, etc. It is great -- I get almost 15mbps.

So essentially I have a wireless LAN with my AT&T DSL, and another LAN which is through the digital cable modem recently installed by my TWC tech. I just have to switch between the two by choosing the network I want to use.

Problem is, I can print just fine using my original wireless network, but I have now hooked up an ethernet line (USB computer out to printer input) between my computer and printer so I can print things off the internet when I am using the digial cable internet connection, and it will not print. I get the message that communication is not available, although my printer shows up in the menu list, etc.

I've tried re-attaching wires, re-booting, etc. but nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.