1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get RAID to show on new ASUS mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cal_in_NB, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cal_in_NB

Cal_in_NB Thread Starter

I just upgraded my mobo from Asus P5AD2 Premium (died) to ASUS P5B Premium Vista.
    When I booted up, it shows I have 3 SATA hard drives. On my old system 2 of those drives were in a RAID 0 format. Now, it doesn't seem to recognize the RAID configuration and I can't boot up. I installed Vista on the 3rd drive and got it working so I could get back online to get help. My old System (the Raid drives) are Windows XP.
    There was a couple of ways to configure RAID when I first set it up. One was Intel and the other was Silicon Image. I believe I used the Silicon Image version but am not sure.
    Is there a way to tell which way I set it up?
    My new board has an Intel ICH8R Southbridge RAID controller and it seems to be set up ok when I look in device manager but when I bring up the RAID configuration in BIOS it warns me that all information will be lost and I don't want to lose everything on my hard-drive.
    How can I boot up my new motherboard but use my old RAID configuration. At least, long enough to back it up.
    I hope I've explained my problem so you can understand. I'm not a computer guru.. lol
    Thanks for any help.
    Cal

2. bigbear

bigbear

I am not a raid expert but I am fairly sure you will have to rebuild the Raid Array as it wont recognise the new mobo.
    You probably don't want to here this now but this is why we stress the importance of backup here

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/566575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice