1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get sony vaio to boot from cd!!! plz help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mux1988, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mux1988

mux1988 Thread Starter

Hi.

Just tried to upgrade my pc to windows 7 as ive just had a virus and its deleted some of my windows files so whet into the bios and changed the boot priority to cd rom and put the disc in and hoped it would be straight forward. So it went passed the front screen and got to the black screen where after a few seconds it would pop up saying boot from cd, press any key and nothing happends. All it does is stay on the black screen with a white courser flashing in the top left corner while it trys to read the disc. It is trying to read the disc as it just keeps making a noise as if its trying to get up to speed and then it stops and does it again and again and again and doesnt stop until you turn the pc off. I thought it was the cd drive so i conected another cd drive and the same happened again so now im stumped! Im thinking a problem with the motherboard but im unsure.

Thanks

2. morland

morland

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice