1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get the scanned images off my scanner!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ColdomadeusX, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ColdomadeusX

ColdomadeusX Thread Starter

Hi, I'm pretty new here, am definitely NOT a pro with computers (I can understand basics)
    and am having troubles with my scanner.
    My operating system is Windows XP.
    My scanner is an all in one (photocopier,scanner,printer) Epson stylus PHOTO RX510.
    It did come with a driver but no instructions-I got it off Ebay (yes I know it's not always that reliable). Anyways, the problem is that I can't seem to find the files that have been scanned.
    When I look at the little screen on the printer it says "scanning" after I've pressed the scan button and the lights flash but I can't seem to find the files anywhere.
    Any ideas where they disapear to?
    Help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ColdoX.:confused:

2. drbali

drbali

Check your scanner's options. Somewhere in there, you should be able to find a section that asks you where you want your files scanned to.

I don't know what "default settings" you have. Have a look in the directory where your device is installed on your hard-drive. Check for a folder called something like "images", "scans". Your "missing" scans are probably there!
    Hope this helps.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Try XP's Scanner and Camera Wizard .. You can tell it where to put the scans.

Programs >> Accessories >> Scan n Cam.
    AND ... Welcome to the TSG Forum.

Attached Files:

4. Knotbored

Knotbored

I scan from with a photo editing program (several-including Irfanview)
    FILE/SELECT TWAIN SOURCE
    FILE/AQUIRE
    scanner operates- image appears
    FILE/SAVE-AS save to your desired folder

I have used this method with no problems using older visioneer scanner and newer HP all-in-one with no problems. I am sure it will also work with your Epson or any other scanner.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

If you use Irfanview .. You can use this shortcut to start the scan.

6. mrss

mrss Guest

7. jkskinsfan

jkskinsfan

Hi, ColdomadeusX. I have an "HP All-In-One" and by default my scans are saved in "My Documents", "My Pictures".

8. wilson44512

wilson44512

when i use my epson scanner. it always puts the scanned picture. in the picture folder in documents. check there

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647237