1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get the windows double monitor icons to show when I log on with NetZero.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by yeto, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yeto

yeto Thread Starter

I was never able to get the settings to stick or to log by trying to connect to NetZero through Windows Dial Up Networking. So I just click on the NetZero Icon and I can connect with no problem except that the double monitor icon does not show up in the system tray so that I can monitor my internet connection.

I emailed NetZero and they said it is not possible to connect to NetZero using Windows Dial Up Networking.

After I log on by using the NetZero Icon I can them go to control panel> network connections> properties and check the show icon box and it will show up in the system tray.

Am I doomed to have to do this everytime I log on or is there a way to make the icon stick in the system tray?

I have two computers. The one that is running Me does not have this problem. When I log on with NetZero the system tray will show the monitor but my computer with XP will not show the monitor.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Yeto

2. t bone

t bone

rt. click on the taskbar...properties...customize.

is the icon your looking for in there? is it listed as always hide?
    if so change to always show or hide when inactive if you prefer.
    click ok...apply...ok.

by double icon i assume u mean the speedometer and the usual netzero icon.
    is that what u mean?

3. yeto

yeto Thread Starter

The customize box is not active. What do I do so that I can click on the customize box?

Thanks,
    Yeto

4. t bone

t bone

nothing happens when you click on the customize button?

5. yeto

yeto Thread Starter

The customize box is faded therefore nothing happens when I click on it.

6. t bone

t bone

:confused: that's a new one on me.

i check around a bit but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge will jump in with some ideas.

have u recently messed with the registry or done anything that a system restore may fix?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/377254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice