1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get to Belkin Router Site

Discussion in 'Networking' started by NobleKnight, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NobleKnight

NobleKnight Thread Starter

Just today, I reset my Belkin router ( Model F9K1103V1) using the red button on the back of it. I cannot access the Belkin webadress of 192.168.2.1 anymore. Now, when I type ipconfig into cmd, it has changed my default gateway from 192.168.2.1 (Belkin) to my modem's gateway, 192.168.0.1 (Motorola). I can access the Motorola configuration site though (192.168.0.1). I am not sure how to change it back to Belkin, and I have tried resetting both my router and modem again, which did nothing.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Why do you have a router on top of a router?

Also how are you connected? If you are wireless and you connected to the wireless modem before, thats why you are seeing your modem, you will need to connect to the Belkin via ethernet

3. roberto27

roberto27

I had problems with my Belkin router and wireless access point today and got very patient and detailed step-by-step guidance from Belkin tech support. Office hours: UK number: 01933 352 000. Choose 0 at first menu and ask for technical support.

4. NobleKnight

NobleKnight Thread Starter

I am connected to my Belkin router through Wifi, which is connected to the modem, but now I cannot access either configuration site with 192.168.... And I did not mess with it since then.

5. roberto27

roberto27

I have had problems connecting to the ip addresses of my three belkin devices and have found it very frustrating. All three seemed temperemental in terms of connectivity. The only way I made progress was to turn the unit off, then back on again. That would sometimes enable access. Then work as quickly as possible before the connection was lost.

6. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Using the red button changes all the settings on the Belkin to factory defaults. Any changes you made to the default programming during intitial setup has been has been erased.
    Unless you used the factory default settings for wireless, including the default password, the computer's wireless will not connect.

Since you did the factory reset, you need to reconnect the Belkin as though it were a new installation.

As Couriant posted, use an ethernet connection from the computer while doing this as any changes to the wireless settings will disconnect the computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice