Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't get Win 2K to accept partitions

590 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lance1 
#1 ·
Ok, I've got a dual P3 700 at work that we really can't use in it's current state at work. It's a fiery tower that was meant to be a print server from EFI . They won't even support the hardware on their website. It's got a Tyan Thunderbolt mainboard in it. They used their proprietary BIOS when they built it so you couldn't change the OS. After finally figuring out what mainboard was in there I went to Tyan's website and downloaded their version of the BIOS and flashed it. Now when I try to install 2K, I can partition the drive with no problems but it keeps telling me that I need to choose a windows 2000 compatible partition to install it on. It doesn't give me the option to format the partition in the setup. I am able to go into the recovery console and use the format command to format the partition, but it keeps giving me the same error in the setup. The hard drive is a SCSI IBM running from the onboard SCSI ultra 2. I checked all the BIOS & SCSI BIOS settings and they seem to be correct. I tried downloading the latest SCSI drivers and loading them before the install, but that doesn't make a difference either. I've also tried different partition sizes with no luck. What I don't get is why can I partition the drive and format it (in recovery console), but can't install on it? Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.