1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't get wireless to work on notebook --message windows can't configure wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by paulsailer, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulsailer

paulsailer Thread Starter

I put in netgear wireless llb pcmcia card in my compaq running xp

The driver seems to be OK and the computer recognizes the card

It says wireless network not connectec

when I try to connect or try to view wireless connections
    I get message windows can't configure the wireless network

When I tried to follow the instructions on the microsoft site,
    and tried to run the program it said to run to let windows zero configure the network It couldn't find the program

What if anything can I do

Unfortunately I can't connect the computer to the internet without the wireless as I'm out of town, typing this in now at a library computer, which right now is my only occasional access to the internet until I get this straightened out.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Chances are that when you installed the Netgear driver and utility you told the utility that you wanted it to manage the wireless. Its icon should be in the Notification Area--double click on it, go to the Network (I'm going from memory here) tab, find the network you want and connect to it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/492768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice