1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't get XP to install my Ethernet driver

Discussion in 'Networking' started by inferlogic, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inferlogic

inferlogic Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    I hope someone can help me. i am trying to sort my friends computer out and we had to do a clean install of windows on his hard drive. Its windows XP and for some reason it has not picked up the drivers for the ethernet card sound and video card! I have looked in device manager and can see a yellow exclamation mark and question mark next to them. i have tried to update driver but it won't install and I don't understand why! it keeps stating its recomended to look for an internet connection to download the driver but ofcourse the internet isn't working because we are installing the ethernet driver. How can I install this driver? Any help would be appriciated its a Dell Dimention 5150.

Thanks for any help.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you don't have the Dell Drivers CD then use another computer to download the correct chipset and networking and any other needed drivers from the Dell web site. Using your friend's Service Tag makes searching on Dell's site far easier. Copy the download(s) via removable media.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice