can't get XP to recognize the HP Photosmart 1218

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jpassarella

I had to completely reformat my :c drive, and now that I am reinstalling applications, I can't get XP to recognize the HP Photosmart 1218 printer.

All connections tight (sereis not USB). Have disconnected, then reconnected, multiple reboots, etc. Still nothing. Wife says to get a new printer. Can't be the solution.

For some reason XP is not recognizing that the printer is connected to the port.

when I download the driver/software from HP, it tells me that the computer will automatically recognize the printer connection and leaves me in 'no man's land'.

What am I missing here?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online