Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant have two screens plugged in - Input not supported

Solved 
401 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
I use Windows 10.
If I try to plug in both of my screens to my computer, I get the error message "Input not supported" on one of them. If I unplug the working one, the other can function.

I can even slide windows into the screen that doesnt work, and move my mouse in it.Through a discord live, I can see the screen that doesnt work. I press win+P, it's set to Extend.

I have tried different ways of plugging in my displays. One on the graphics card and one on the motherboard worked originally.
(I have a second graphics card that I installed on my rig). Plugging each display to a card doesnt work. Plugging both to a single card doesnt work.
I think both cards are working fine.

It is very peculiar and probably at the cause of the problem, but plugging only one monitor (meaning with the other one unplugged) at my motherboard also gets me an "input not supported" message on the plugged in screen.

I think the problem lies in the motherboard, but if there exists a way to fix it without buying a new one (or repairing this one, that seems too daunting for me); I'd like to know of it.

See less See more
#3 ·
The problem went away when I used a VGA to DVI adapter on the GTX 960 instead of a VGA to HDMI. I cannot help but notice my Saphire Radeon (the second graphics card) is not listed in there. I actually have no clue wether having two different graphics cards on one pc is any use.

Here's my info for posterity
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210316193119.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (336 GB Free); D: 1862 GB (1856 GB Free); E: 931 GB (89 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VIII RANGER, ver Rev 1.xx, s/n 160984767300589
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#4 ·
I think the TSG utility will only show one graphics card. I suspect you would need an adapter with built-in electronics to go from VGA to HDMI.

Glad you managed to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.