Can't hear anything using google talk aka gmail talk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

machv

I recently hit upon a bug that has been plaguing me for quite some time and I am sure that I am not the only one that has run into this. I tried to post the bug and its fix to the google help forum but couldn't the topic/thread section was no longer accepting new additions or replies (???).

Moving on. I found that if you have another program running like a movie player (VLC, MPC Star, media player etc... or iTunes, etc...) and try to make a call with google talk you won't hear anything (the other party gets the call though, as I learned, "WHY THE **** DO YOU RING 6 TIMES GRRR....") and have to try the call again and again an it's touch and go as to whether it ever works. Well close any other programs that are running that also output sound and the problem should go away.

Hope this helps someone searching for a possible answer, when I was I couldn't find anything that resembled this one. That is why I am posting it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online