1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't hear sound on online videos

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Bcoop, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bcoop

Bcoop Thread Starter

Whenever I play a online video such as Youtube I can't here the sound. I've checked all the settings in the volume control panel and all looks good. I can here sound fine when I play songs in Windows media player or when I play a DVD. I've tried rebooting the computer but that dosen't help either. Not sure where to look next. Any suggestions?

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Do you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87? For Internet Explorer, click here.

For non-Internet Explorer, click here.

If you do have Flash, uninstall it completely with this uninstaller, then reinstall it.

3. Bcoop

Bcoop Thread Starter

I'm using firefox. I didn't have the latest version of Flash player, so I uninstalled it and installed the newest version. Still no sound. I did it also for IE with the same results. I noticed when I play a video i get a little static in my speakers during the video.

4. Phantom010

You could try updating your sound card driver.

5. Phantom010

1. Click "Start".
    2. Select "Run".
    3. Type: sndvol32
    4. Click "OK".
    5. Make sure the following are not muted and the volume is up for "Volume Control" and "Wave".

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/841041