1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't identify this .exe program in my Windows folder

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by marie500, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I was looking for something else and saw this in my Windows folder:
    ld32408.exe
    The first letter is a lower case "L". It stood out because of its icon - one of those application things with the unpacked yellow box and the little computer screen. All the other applications in Windows have their own Windows-assigned icons.

Its Properties say it was "Created" in May of 2002, "Modified" November 1998. It's a 620KB application. I turn up nothing on Google or at the Microsoft site.
    No problems, but just wondering.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

From your description of the icon, it sounds like a setup program for something. I have no idea what it is either. I'd send it to the recycle bin, it doesn't look like something you want to leave there.

3. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

In Properties, click on the Version Tab.

Is there any identifying info there?

4. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

It doesn't have the "Version" tab, just "General".

5. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Sorry, posted and logged out before I meant to. I will delete it.

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

7. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Interesting!
    I copied the text on your link and put it throught the Alta Vista Babel Fish Translator, from Italian into English.
    It sounds as if she MIGHT be saying she uinstalled Netscape 4.06, then installed 4.08. Then, ("curiously"!) found the id32406.exe in her Windows folder. I DO have Netscape Communicator 4.08! (as backup in case my IE goes crazy.)
    I cut out some of the text preceeding her mention of the .exe because it was pretty long.

This was the Babel Fish translation:

I have disinstallato Netscape Navigator 4,06 and have then installed Navigator 4.08. Then, curiosando for the directory, in C:\Windows I have found the rows id32406.exe Sai cos' and '? E' a eseguibile for the disinstallazione of Nescape Navigator 4.06. I have tried to disinstallare also Netscape 4,08 and fortune teller what I have found in directory the C\Windows? Naturally the rows id32408.exe that the good Netscape e' watched removing well. And e' a 620 eseguibile very Kb placed not in directory the localizzabile Netscape therefore, but in C:\Windows. Of piu' nin I know. Hello > and they make the same things. Then the cottages are indeed indispensable all > that they make the MS... - ( > >>> Probably going ahead, the peripheral new they will demand >>> obligatorily win98, inasmuch as the development of the driver for the 95 >>> will come abandoned... and therefore if is wanted to be never used them...: - ( > > >> radical Changes will come with Windows2000. > > Will be to see. _ Gigi __

8. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Note that she mentions that it's 620KB, as mine also is.

9. Davey7549

Davey7549

Marie
    Seems whatever it is there are strong similarities to what they experienced. Nothing concrete to go on though just interesting.
    Removing as Rog suggested of course is the correct direction.

Dave

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice