1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't insert file in Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JoeLA, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeLA

JoeLA Thread Starter

When I click on the "Insert" icon in Outlook 2010, the program takes me to "My Documents" and I instantly receive an error message: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have used the repair function of Office 2010, to no avail. Otherwise, Outlook functions fine. I redirected the insert command to the Desktop using regedit, but then couldn't access My Documents. However, the insert command did not freeze Outlook. I put My Documents back as the destination folder for Personal, and the problem persists. Couldn't find anything in Google. Tks in advance for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3061 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G965 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 234343 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WG860
    Antivirus: PC Cleaners, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

2. Rockn

Rockn

There may be a corrupt file in My Documents that is causing the issue. Try moving the entire contents of the My Documents folder to an external drive and try accessing it with Outlook again.

3. JoeLA

JoeLA Thread Starter

It appears that that was the problem. I have been moving folders back into My Documents, and so far I haven't run into the one containing the corrupt file. Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice