1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Insert Object embedding or Object Links in Wordpad

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by puterbaby, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puterbaby

puterbaby Thread Starter

I run Windows XP. Using Word pad and Paint-I am trying to link an object from Paint into Wordpad. The graphic I am using is a simple outline of a coffee cup. I go through the procedure (I am taking a Windows XP class, so the steps from the book) and the results are a black icon sized box with the file extension and title of the .bmp file I am trying to link. It is suppose to be the coffee cup image. The same happens when I try to embed it instead of link it. Also as a result, I am unable to update any editing changes made to the source file.
    I have tried other files from my personal pictures with the same results. Also tried embedding video files. I will get a link, when I double click on it, Windows Media Player opens with the .avi file being displayed. I should have the .avi file on my document in wordpad instead.
    My instructor was only willing to suggest that perhaps it has something to do with active X.
    I have been attempting to solve this myself for several days. Asking friends and instructors for assistance. I have successfully embedded, linked and updated the link on 3 other computers with the same Operating system as mine. So it is something with my computer. So far, nobody has any idea as to where to begin, except for the active X suggestion.

Thank you for any suggestions

Puter Baby-working on graduating from computer preschool!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/403304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice